This website is a testimony to the problems Canadian Student Loan borrowers experienced from approximately 1996 to 2008 and until their loans were paid off.

The privatization of the Student Loans system by the Chretien and Martin Liberal governments broke the system and defaulted thousands of borrowers who were trying to pay their loans. There were even stories of suicide due to the harassment of borrowers.

Read the report that I prepared back in 2007 here. Canada Student Loans-The Need for Change Fortunately the new Conservative government at the time revamped the program and fixed the system for new borrowers, but borrowers under the previous program were left with ruined credit and continued harassment from debt collectors.

I call on the Canadian Government to apologize to the borrowers affected by this fiasco and make amends.

Unfortunately the Liberal government is again clobbering the Education system with their upcoming changes to International Student Visas. Yes, there's a problem, but instead of a well thought out plan, they have pulled the emergency brake on the train causing a derailment. This has introduced unprecedented instability for both private and public education institutions who serve both international and local students.

Universities can't plan. I've heard of courses being cut because the government has no process in place for universities to send the newly required acceptance letters to the government.

This means that students who have been accepted can not attend courses that start in the summer 2024 semester. With cut sections, current Canadian students will have trouble getting courses, and may have to switch to part-time which changes their enrollment status and might trigger repayment of their loans or ineligibility for funding. I've seen this before. It wreaks havoc on the student loan borrowers.

Again, the Liberal government has messed up the education environment. Will the new system needed in a rush for the acceptance letters be the new Arrivecan scandal?

I call on the government to implement a slower phased in approach and delay the requirement of the acceptance letters until a process is in place to submit these letters.

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCollectcorp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
SolveStudentDebt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Collectcorp
    Posted: 17/November/2011 at 11:25am
Forgot to mention that the limitation period in respect of student loans is 6 years, not 2 years.
Solve Student Debt specializes in solutions for students and graduates in student loan default, and those at risk of defaulting.

solvestudentdebt.com
Sponsored Links

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2011 at 11:24am

`

Originally posted by brendonh brendonh wrote:

Wait out the statute of limitations which is two years from the last time you agree to ANY sort of commitment to repaying the debt or acknowledging that this debt exists.

Then what happens if the student loan provider sues the borrower to prevent that from happening?

`

By this point, you don't have to worry about your credit getting any lower since the act of your debt going into collections means that it is already shot.

For some people this is not the case at all.

`

$5400 is chump change and they won't make a lot of money doing so when they have to pay court fees etc to try to make you pay. It's almost always not worth their time. As for repossessing your car/garnishing your wages, they need a court order to do so (again, same likelihood as them filing a lawsuit). I wouldn't worry about it.

You are clearly not aware of how CRA and provincial ministries operate,  or those collection agencies in Canada that are more aggressive than others. Some agencies are VERY active in the litigation of CIBC, Royal Bank, and Bank of Nova Scotia student loans. The most active provinces in that regard are Newfoundland, Quebec, and Ontario for provincially guaranteed student loans.   

If you are riding out a limitation issue on your student loan(s), that is your choice. However, if you are able to pay them, and are benefitting from the education you received, then you should pay them regardless of any limitation issues.  

Solve Student Debt specializes in solutions for students and graduates in student loan default, and those at risk of defaulting.

solvestudentdebt.com
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2011 at 5:24am
They are not supposed to contact you, but they will do so anyways.... dont get involve in a conversation with them. They are very manipulative.
Administrator
Mark OMeara
Author of Let Go and Heal: Recovery from Emotional Pain
https://LaughSingWrite.com - http://bit.ly/heal2024
brendonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2011 at 2:54pm
Addendum: Never give any sort of information over the phone. What kind of work, pay, living situation, etc. Even your name if you can help it. They cannot collect if they cannot verify that they are in fact calling the right person on the phone. The best they can assume at that point is that you are next of kin, and since they're only allowed to contact next of kin ONCE to ask for the debtor's whereabouts, you're good to go.

And again, log the amount of times they call per day, per week, on weekends etc. You can use that evidence to counter that they did break regulation numerous times, in case they do push for a more forceful solution.
brendonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2011 at 2:50pm
I'm sorry to see that no one has responded to this yet. I'll try to help out.

You basically have two options here. A) Get a settlement (in writing), then pay the agreed amount, or B) Wait out the statute of limitations which is two years from the last time you agree to ANY sort of commitment to repaying the debt or acknowledging that this debt exists.

By this point, you don't have to worry about your credit getting any lower since the act of your debt going into collections means that it is already shot. If you have any future plans to get a car or property, it is still advisable to try and repay your existing debts in order for your rating to go up (so you can get accepted for loans etc). However, given your situation, you must tread with caution.

As long as you don't give these collection companies an outright "No" (ie giving them hope that you *may* be able to repay them), they will unlikely file a lawsuit. In fact, most cases don't get to that point. $5400 is chump change and they won't make a lot of money doing so when they have to pay court fees etc to try to make you pay. It's almost always not worth their time. As for repossessing your car/garnishing your wages, they need a court order to do so (again, same likelihood as them filing a lawsuit). I wouldn't worry about it.

Personally, I'm about done my statute of limitations in my situation. I just don't answer any 1-800 numbers and/or unknown callers. If it's really that important, they'll call again. If you see a pattern emerging over the next few days, it's most likely a collection agency trying to contact you. You just get used to it. And when the statute hits, they CANNOT contact you about that debt again.
bufferfly81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bufferfly81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2011 at 2:18am
I have an appointment with the bank on friday with a co-signer to see if i can get a loan to pay this debt off....
I have a few questions though:

1} do i call and tell then i will pay them once i find out I can get the money?
2} should i get them to send me a letter stating this has been paid?
Any info would help..not really sure what my rights are and since they told me that they knocked the amount down to 3600.00 from 5400, but that was only over the phone and not in writing, should i request that it be put in writing?

HELP!!!
SS
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2011 at 6:01pm
Do you require help with this?

solvestudentdebt.com
bufferfly81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bufferfly81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2011 at 7:40am
I have been recieving phone calls from Collectcorp Inc for the last month, only I didn't know it was from them, They would call state my name in an automated voice and say if i was this person to press 1 to speak to a representative, I did this and would end up waiting close to a half hour to speak to someone.....They did not state who was calling, so eventually after 20 mins and having a 5 year old running around (being a single mom you can imagine) I would hang up.  I received my first letter in the mail today from them, so to find out what this was about I called, spoke to a woman who said I owed 5400.00 between 2 accounts. She started asking me if I rent or own a home or if I live with my parents....I asked her what a payment plan option would be, she asked if I worked full time, I said no part time....She told me that after repeated attempts for them trying to get a hold of me that there were no payment options for me anymore that I would have to pay it in full.....I told her my situation (going through a divorce), she states "this is not my problem". Which I understand its not....She says well I can drop the amount down to 3600....your only option is to get a loan from the bank, I stated how can I get a loan from a bank when I don't have credit...she says get a co-signer.....She was very quick with her remarks and was very rude...I said "the way you are talking is not very professional and is quite rude"....Her reply " you think I am being rude, well that 1800.00 I knocked off your payment well its back on there its now back up to 5400.00..hows that for being rude", she continues with "Have you ever had your wages garnished, well I can also do that, also that car loan you have, we can reposess your car and put the money towards the loan, so you thought i was rude before, how about now?, I am not hired for customer service, I am hired by the company to get there money back." I was appalled I have never been spoken to like that....I tried not to let her hear me cry, It was bad, all I could think was how does she sleep at night!!! I told her I could see what I can do, and plan to come up with something by the end of the week.
very stressed out that is for sure.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2009 at 2:31am

If the agency is calling you, someone in the student loan sector assigned an account with them. So, that is what you have to figure out. If you want help let me know. I have some space left if you want to become a client.

solvestudentdebt.com
Sucker Punch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sucker Punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2009 at 2:48am
My girlfriend got a call this morning from Scotiabank, tell her that for some reason one of her two student loans had "split" and this other one had been sitting there gaining interest for years.   They didn't know why it split, and they didn't know why we have never received mail or a phone call regarding this before.   Apparently, she owes $8000, but they'd be willing to settle the account right now for $4000, and wanted my woman to get a loan to pay it off.   After the woman on the phone made my girlfriend cry, I took the phone away from her, told the woman that we couldn't afford to pay $4000, and that's the bottom line.   She then threatened to send it to the government for them to take care of.

After I hung up, I called Scotiabank Collections, I wanted to get more information, but not talk to the same woman.   Scotiabank had no record of the loan, didn't know who called me, and assured me they would never treat us the way the caller did.   She was apologetic, and sounded as confused as I was.

After that, I checked the caller ID, and called back the number that had called us, and it turned out to be CollectCorp.

Is this legit (well, as legit as it gets with these people) or are they just scamming us?
Ladytiger247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladytiger247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2009 at 2:34pm
i just got off the phone with this collectcorp agent whom i have been dealing with for awhile. Well actually he hung up on me, after telling me - wait it was more like yelling at me - that they are going to take legal action. The thing is, I want to pay my loan, and I can - we have just had some mis communication issues. I was told a few weeks ago that its too late, that i have to pay the whole thing. I wanted to adjust the payment to pay more - over the minimum. But the agent wouldn't have it. The reason for all this is because i missed a few payments. I even sent the money when i could  instead of not paying at all. I am just wondering, what will this legal action be? If it will just result in a judge saying i must pay, then thats fine, thats what i want to do! Is there anything else i can do? Please help!!!
ex-colleccorp worker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ex-colleccorp worker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2008 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Johnny Johnny wrote:

Night,

WEhat they do is tell that they "have good news" for you, and that they will reduce your debt to some ridiculously low amount.

Johnny,

What you describe is totally correct. Collectcorp has all sorts of dirty trick, don't fall for them. If the person on the line says something like "I just spoke to my senior, and I have good news he has approved a settle ment at _____". Don't believe him, he was most likely not speaking to anyone; but just pressed the hold button and twiddled his thumbs for few minutes.   

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2008 at 12:12am
It is now.

solvestudentdebt.com
zero tuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zero tuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2008 at 10:51am
Is this forum still active?
Lost Soul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2007 at 3:05am
Way to go T.

Always do your best, and the hell with the rest.
Congrats on realizing that nobody deserves to be treated like that.

Good luck going through this maze and all the best to you and your family.

ps. there is only one judge and it ain't them...
beautiful_t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 11:07am

Hi,

Today I had my first encounter with Collectcorp. I have some outstanding debt on a student loan from TD, and am unable to make the payments due to the fact that I am on disability. I also had federal and provincial student loans but, fortunately, the government recognized my inability to pay and forgave those loans.

I got my first letter from Collectcorp last week. I called today to propose a payment plan that would work for me. I explained that I was on disability and was unable to pay what they were expecting and that the government had forgiven my loans, etc. I was asked why I couldn't work, so I explained that I was primarily on disability due to severe post-traumatic-stress disorder.

She asked if I had a computer, I replied "yes". She said, well then why don't you just get a job on the internet and work at home? I explained that if I were able to work on the internet, I would not be on disability. Her tone of voice was becoming very loud and hostile, as she continued to lecture me about my responsibilities, etc.

At this point she is practically yelling at me, so I tell her I think her attitude is very disrespectful and unprofessional, and that I would like to discuss the matter with someone else. She became furious and started spouting off about how she is not disrespecting me, this is what she was hired to do, etc. So I state very firmly that I would not be discussing this with her and that I would like to speak with her manager or supervisor.

She reluctantly puts someone else on the line. I ask this woman if she is the manager, she replies "no", so I ask to speak to one. She says we will see what the problem is first. She then begins trying to discuss my loan. I cut her off, saying "Wait, first I would like to talk to someone about how rudely I was treated by the previous operator." She replies that she had listened to our entire conversation and that she had in no way acted out of line.

She then started asking why I couldn't pay the loan. I explain that I am on disability, to which she replies "We have people on welfare who are paying off their loans so that is no excuse." I explain to her that I have substantial out-of-pocket medical expenses and I am raising a child.

She says, you're disability payments come from the government (I have Person's with Disabilities Status through Emplyment and Income Asssistance) , so they have to cover all your medical expenses. I explain that I am using medicinal marijuana and that the governement does not cover that.

She then begins to accuse me of being a neglectful mother, insinuating that I put my medical needs above the needs of my child. "So, you smoke your weed and who takes care of the kid.?" I remind her that medicinal marijuana is perfectly legal in Canada, and that my PWD designation means that I get a little extra money (above regular welfare rates) to pay for costs associated with my disability that the government doesn't cover. I also tell her that referring to the self-administration of my medication as "smoking my weed" is highly unprofessional.

She tells me that there are medicines I can take that the government will cover, and so I tell her that I used these medicines and that (due to side-effects) I could barely function. "Oh", she says very sarcastically "Now I am confused. You could barely function but you managed to raise a child?" At this point I explain how I had some help, etc. She starts saying how it all sounds like a big excuse to her and how she "got off HER butt" (her exact words) and got a job and took responsibility.

I asked her if SHE had been raped and tortured for 4 years (the reason I have PTSD, I was brutally physically and sexually assaulted for a period of nearly 4 years). She says, "No, but we all have our problems and I take responsibility for mine. I would go on the medications that are covered so I could pay off my loans." I explain to her the she cannot say what SHE would do in my situation unless SHE has walked a mile in MY shoes and that she would do whatever it took to get healthy so she could take the best possible care of her child. She disagreed.

I realized that I was just disrespecting myself by allowing them to speak to me like this, so I told them to take me to court (I have done my research and the worst they can do is take me to court where the judge will set up a payment plan that I actually can afford). I then hung up.

I was just so shaken by the experience and kind of mad at myself for wasting my time trying to justify my life. I am an awesome person! I have literally survived hell at the hands of a psychopath, and instead of killing myself, or becoming an addict, I took the little energy I had and did what was truly important. Be an EXCELLENT mom to my daughter.

Yes, the government has supported me, but I have always made sure all her needs were met, and, talking to her, you would never realize she was raised by someone, who at some points was having about 100 physical flashbacks of rape, or 10-20 panic attacks a day, or was so afraid of people I hardly left my home for a year. She is an amazing, highly gifted, extremely well-cared for child and I have made it my top priority to ensure she receives the highest standard of care, despite my challenges.

Many people who have been through less than I have totally fallen apart and could not handle their duties as a parent, but out deep love for my little girl, I keep getting up out of bed and pressing on, even though many days felt like pulling teeth. And I did it all as a single mom with little help. How dare they call ME irresponsible!

I have picked up a completely shattered life and am turning it around into something meaningful and beautiful. No this does not yet involve supporting myself financially at this point, but so what?! I am going far above and beyond what any sane person who knows what I have endured would expect of me.

Despite my anger, my heart goes out to these two women. I can tell by the lack of compassion and empathy they showed me, that THEY have been judged harshly. It is evident that they have accepted and internalized such judgements or they would not have shown such hostility, nor chosen a field that is so inherently negative and stressful. If they truly loved themselves, they would not unconsciously seek out such modes of self-punishment, but instead would be doing something fulfilling that they enjoy.

Instead of calling them every name in the book as I am so tempted, I send these ladies love and forgiveness, and highest hopes that they will come to realize their magnificence and release the pain. Then they will be able to look at someone like me, and see the magnificence there, too. 

I will do what I need to preserve my dignity, respect me rights, and do what I can to prevent them from treating anyone else this way. This will involve reporting this incident to their superiors, as well as appropriate authorities (BTW: If anyone reading this has any info on whom I can report this to, let me know), as well as working with advocacy access (1-800-663-1278, for anyone in BC on disability in this situation), but as for the two ladies I forgive them and release them with love for healing, for I know they would not attack and hurt me, if they had not been attacked and hurt themselves.

Just as they can never know what they would do in my situation unless they walked a mile in my shoes, I haven't walked a mile in their shoes, either, and perhaps I would do the same.

Despite being abused so severely, I am able to love and forgive and to understand. But it has taken WORK. Maybe not the kind you get money or recognition for, but really, REALLY hard work. I hope they are willing to do the work they need to in order to genuinely love themselves and others because the payoff is worth infinite times more than all the money and recognition in the universe!

My advice to anyone dealing with Collectcorp, don't sacrifice your self respect as I did. Don't answer any personal questions such as what medications you take, why you are on disablility, how you care for your children, etc. And don't let they're bullying hurt you. The level of respect that anyone shows you is nothing more than a reflection of the level of respect they feel they deserve. They are hurting. Whole, emotionally balanced people do not treat others in such a way. I would even go so far as to say that whole, emotionally balanced people do not work for collection agencies, lol!Wink

All the Best and Happy Holidays!

-Tanya
Dunker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/November/2007 at 4:24am
The first time I changed my payment pattern, back in June, I made my first ever payment larger than $100 (my usual monthly payment was $50).  Immediately they began putting the pressure on my by increasing the frequency of automated and non-automated calls.  They also changed the form the very next letter to read that my account had been placed in abeyance and that a threat of legal action was pending unless the payment of the account was addressed.  

I believe what really is happening is that the first assumption made by collectcorp when a larger payment than usual is dropped on an account is that you are making the same payment amount as usual, only putting down more up front so that you can skip a month or whatever.  They always assume that debtors will assume the role of deadbeat, trying to get away with doing as little as possible.  This is why they will initially turn up the pressure once you start paying more, because they do not know what you will do next.  They want to strike while the iron is hot, and make sure that you are thinking about paying that account every single day.  My advice is to just let them blow of their hot air and ignore the threats.  Assuming you are actually increasing your payments, the Federal Government will have zero reason to resort to legal action against you.
The central problem here is that there is a communication breakdown between the lender and the debtor.  The Collection agency hired to collect your debt is making you feel like a delinquent at the very time you are turning a corner and are demonstrating increased repayment action.  It is a tactic aimed at getting you to pay more (more than is realistic or feasible), more quickly.  Sometimes that tactic works, sometimes it doesn't.  

I've done as much as possible over the past several months and now have my own collectcorp account well under 3 grand.  So only a couple more months of intense payments to go to get them out of my life for good.  
Canuck1900 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck1900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2007 at 10:23pm
Hey
Can I add that This Forum Is fantastic! what a darn relief to know that there other out there that are experiencing the harsh side of collectcorp! I have been struggling with Collectcorp for over 9 years, Paid off Half my student loan.. ( i had a Big one .. I know 9 Years now )  just My Federal one left to go.. : ) But last week I Dropped them a little Extra and within a day had a Super Rude and harshest call ever about Collectcorp taking me to court due to me missing so many payments etc ( or the Government was taking me to court not sure she was very unspecific ) .. Can any experienced Veteran tell me if this is CoCorp standard tactics? would anyone let me know.?
Any advice is welcome..

Dunker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2007 at 1:33pm
Merrikate,

I believe that there is a device that you can purchase for around $100 that appears to have the potential to block their calls.  Here's a link to it:

I'm not exactly sure how well it works, but it could be worth a try.

I just got another one of those automated calls from 1-888-890-9074, with a male computer generated voice asking me to call 1-800-777-7409.
I finally decided to call them last week to find out what they would say to me.  I spoke to my handler, and she told me that it had been quite some time since she tried to call me.  It appeared as though she wasn't particularly interested in trying too hard to sell me on doing anything.  She did briefly remind me of the option of trying to refinance my debt.  Given that it will be paid in full by February, there isn't much point in doing that.  She then informed me that the at the my current repayment rate, it would take me 18 months to pay back the loan.  I looked at the figures more closely and realized that she was basing her calculation on the minimum recommended payment, which I'm exceeding by a large margin. 

She then implied that there was no benefit to staying in collections, and pointed out the fact that the rest of my credit report looked very good.
The guilt trip phrase used was:  "Do you enjoy being in collections?"  A pretty stupid and insulting thing to say to someone who has repaid 50% of their debt to the Crown within 5 months.

That phone call reinforced something I've been noticing as I've been repaying this defaulted loan.  Your relationship with a collection agency never gets better, no matter how much progress you make.  Once you make good on your promise to follow through with a reasonable payment plan, they back off on the jihad scare tactics...yet they are still very unreasonable in the sense that they continue to send the automated messages to keep a reasonable amount of unpleasant pressure on you.  Your effort to repay in a timely fashion is not acknowledged, unless doing so can be used as a psychological tactic to get you to do something that can help them earn a higher commission (ie pay in one lump sum).   Their unpleasantness only really comes to an end once the debt is paid in full.

Merrikate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrikate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2007 at 10:58am
Thank goodness for sites like this, and forums like this one.  A diligent search reveals this harrassing number-- 888-890-9074--to be related to Collectcorp, CIBC's preferred collection agency for student debt.  They are well known for their negative tactics, and the rep I have had most to do with, Ms Bowen-Edwards, has on several occasions lied to me outright until I mentioned calling the Ombudsman to report her.  Then she corrected herself and tried to sound more like a pussycat.
Other agencies collecting for other loan sources have been unfailingly helpful and pleasant.  But not Collectcorp. These people seem to delight in abusing the power awarded them by CIBC, and even CIBC likes to try to distance themselves from the agency while still relying on them.  Good luck laying a complaint with CIBC.  
Collectcorp staff, especially Ms Edwards, are as their reputations report, awful, being rude and nasty, disregarding payments made, imparting dis-information to frighten and upset you, and so on.  They also continue with harrassing calls way over the legal weekly limit (2 calls, I think) after a payment is made, supposedly because one did not call to ask them directly to remove my number from their automated system.
IF you google Ms Edwards, you will find she has a rather fiendish history recorded online; imagine how many other victims don't report.  She simply gets off on yanking chains as hard as she can get away with.  She will mislead you, lie to you, do her best to scare you.  KNOW YOUR RIGHTS and stick to them.  
Worst of all, my call blocker declines to include this number on my list.  I will keep trying to block them.
Caller ID: Long Distance
Caller: Collectcorp
Caller Type: Collection Agency
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>