This website is a testimony to the problems Canadian Student Loan borrowers experienced from approximately 1996 to 2008 and until their loans were paid off.

The privatization of the Student Loans system by the Chretien and Martin Liberal governments broke the system and defaulted thousands of borrowers who were trying to pay their loans. There were even stories of suicide due to the harassment of borrowers.

Read the report that I prepared back in 2007 here. Canada Student Loans-The Need for Change Fortunately the new Conservative government at the time revamped the program and fixed the system for new borrowers, but borrowers under the previous program were left with ruined credit and continued harassment from debt collectors.

I call on the Canadian Government to apologize to the borrowers affected by this fiasco and make amends.

Unfortunately the Liberal government is again clobbering the Education system with their upcoming changes to International Student Visas. Yes, there's a problem, but instead of a well thought out plan, they have pulled the emergency brake on the train causing a derailment. This has introduced unprecedented instability for both private and public education institutions who serve both international and local students.

Universities can't plan. I've heard of courses being cut because the government has no process in place for universities to send the newly required acceptance letters to the government.

This means that students who have been accepted can not attend courses that start in the summer 2024 semester. With cut sections, current Canadian students will have trouble getting courses, and may have to switch to part-time which changes their enrollment status and might trigger repayment of their loans or ineligibility for funding. I've seen this before. It wreaks havoc on the student loan borrowers.

Again, the Liberal government has messed up the education environment. Will the new system needed in a rush for the acceptance letters be the new Arrivecan scandal?

I call on the government to implement a slower phased in approach and delay the requirement of the acceptance letters until a process is in place to submit these letters.

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJohn LeBlanc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jamjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John LeBlanc
    Posted: 06/July/2005 at 10:39am

Some comments on some of the past post regarding John Leblanc and his "intentions."

I wish the people who were complaining about John Leblanc step back and direct their anger elsewhere.  He is not the problem.  By the thousands of posts and time he has given up for free, none of us have the right to hurl insults.  Focus your anger in a postive way towards the source of your problems.  I guarantee you the source of your problems is not John Leblanc.  Rather, it is a govt. system that does not recognize the glaring inconsistencies of its own legislation and actions that have bankrupted and will continue to bankrupt a generation of students. 

As for John and his fees, he doesn't charge for the majority of his services, whether it be the time and 1000s of posts he has freely offered, telephone consultations and his own website which has lots of good info.  I know of clients that he has advocated for free.  Finally, he has a right to earn a living like the rest of us. 

I can think of no finer person.  I have only positive thoughts when I think about the breath of hope and life he has brought to this site. 

I think it is ashame that some of you would be so rude and disrespectful as to shun him off of it.

I hope Mark, that John knows he's welcome to continue to contribute and that the majority of people don't view him as a minority do.

Sponsored Links

polyhymnia61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polyhymnia61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/July/2005 at 2:08am

jamjam: Keep the cards and letters coming!!

Just for the record though, that "minority" is usually a multiple personality that periodically reappears in a different alias to discredit and harass Johnny and Mark. Although it appears to be a different person each time (Java Man, Islander and now Pilgrim, but I'm sure you know all the names; you've been around awhile), a pattern of writing and behaviour emerges to cause suspicion...and further investigation usually confirms his reappearance...

Mark's taken care of it...Check his "administration" posts under the "expats" and "bankruptcy" threads.

Next time time you suspect this crap starting to recur, take my advice and lurk rather than jump into the muck...This loser thinks he gains power and importance as he sucks people into the discussion and causes chaos...Sad sad little man with a problem...

And SO deflecting attention away from REAL problems...

Poly

Home is where you are allowed to prosper.
 Post Reply Post Reply