This website is a testimony to the problems Canadian Student Loan borrowers experienced from approximately 1996 to 2008 and until their loans were paid off.

The privatization of the Student Loans system by the Chretien and Martin Liberal governments broke the system and defaulted thousands of borrowers who were trying to pay their loans. There were even stories of suicide due to the harassment of borrowers.

Read the report that I prepared back in 2007 here. Canada Student Loans-The Need for Change Fortunately the new Conservative government at the time revamped the program and fixed the system for new borrowers, but borrowers under the previous program were left with ruined credit and continued harassment from debt collectors.

I call on the Canadian Government to apologize to the borrowers affected by this fiasco and make amends.

Unfortunately the Liberal government is again clobbering the Education system with their upcoming changes to International Student Visas. Yes, there's a problem, but instead of a well thought out plan, they have pulled the emergency brake on the train causing a derailment. This has introduced unprecedented instability for both private and public education institutions who serve both international and local students.

Universities can't plan. I've heard of courses being cut because the government has no process in place for universities to send the newly required acceptance letters to the government.

This means that students who have been accepted can not attend courses that start in the summer 2024 semester. With cut sections, current Canadian students will have trouble getting courses, and may have to switch to part-time which changes their enrollment status and might trigger repayment of their loans or ineligibility for funding. I've seen this before. It wreaks havoc on the student loan borrowers.

Again, the Liberal government has messed up the education environment. Will the new system needed in a rush for the acceptance letters be the new Arrivecan scandal?

I call on the government to implement a slower phased in approach and delay the requirement of the acceptance letters until a process is in place to submit these letters.

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormal Protest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mayhem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formal Protest
    Posted: 11/September/2007 at 1:40pm
I have been trying to get the RBC  to fix an error made over five years ago.  I have been battling this for five years.  They put me in collections and defaulted my loan without informing me due to an error made on their part regarding my address.
I had a perfect loan rating on the federal loan and the provincial loan was put into collections.

After five years I have made no headway in getting the bank to fix the error...

So I'm going to step it up a notch.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I am considering on going on a formal hungerstrike on the steps of the Royal Bank's head branch in my province.  Basicaly, I'm thinking about giving them seven days to fix their mistake, or I die, on their steps.

I want to pay my loan in full- I have told them this, all I want is for them to correct the original error in regards to my credit.  They have refused.

I have an incredible reputation, I have sat in on a G8 meeting, have a 160+ IQ, have letters of recomendation from the former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada and the World Health Association, I may be the only human alive to sit in on the annual chairman of the board meetings for 4 of the top banks in Canada in the same year, and i have an impecable reputation for being honest.

I have been victim to the beauracy of the RBC and the student loan program and have heard far too may other stories of others who have been wronged by this system.

I figure that if someone of my standing takes such a huge stand, that maybe more attention may be focused on the issues discussed at this site.

I'll be making a decision on when and how I'm going to try and pull this off- hopefully successfully (meaning I don't die) very shortly.  Whereas I have been a Martial artist with 25 years of training, I live by the code of Bushido- honor is everything.  I have never lost a battle, and I don't plan on losing one to the RBC.  So its victory or death.  And i guess that's the only state of mind one can have if one plans to attempt what I'm thinking about doing.

I've been wrestling with the idea for some time now, hoping I could get the issue i had resolved through the normal channels, but after five years of knocking my head against walls with the RBC, I see no other alternative than take more drastic, and public measures.  Perhaps they'll see that bad press is more damaging than taking the time to fix their internal beauratic systems.  Having a lot of experince dealing with corporate and political entities professionally, I know that the best way to be heard is to make a lot of noise- a lot of noise in front of a camera.

I'll keep you posted when I actually go ahead with this.  Maybe this will encourage others to take on the goliath. 
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply