This website is a testimony to the problems Canadian Student Loan borrowers experienced from approximately 1996 to 2008 and until their loans were paid off.

The privatization of the Student Loans system by the Chretien and Martin Liberal governments broke the system and defaulted thousands of borrowers who were trying to pay their loans. There were even stories of suicide due to the harassment of borrowers.

Read the report that I prepared back in 2007 here. Canada Student Loans-The Need for Change Fortunately the new Conservative government at the time revamped the program and fixed the system for new borrowers, but borrowers under the previous program were left with ruined credit and continued harassment from debt collectors.

I call on the Canadian Government to apologize to the borrowers affected by this fiasco and make amends.

Unfortunately the Liberal government is again clobbering the Education system with their upcoming changes to International Student Visas. Yes, there's a problem, but instead of a well thought out plan, they have pulled the emergency brake on the train causing a derailment. This has introduced unprecedented instability for both private and public education institutions who serve both international and local students.

Universities can't plan. I've heard of courses being cut because the government has no process in place for universities to send the newly required acceptance letters to the government.

This means that students who have been accepted can not attend courses that start in the summer 2024 semester. With cut sections, current Canadian students will have trouble getting courses, and may have to switch to part-time which changes their enrollment status and might trigger repayment of their loans or ineligibility for funding. I've seen this before. It wreaks havoc on the student loan borrowers.

Again, the Liberal government has messed up the education environment. Will the new system needed in a rush for the acceptance letters be the new Arrivecan scandal?

I call on the government to implement a slower phased in approach and delay the requirement of the acceptance letters until a process is in place to submit these letters.

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJudgments - provincial limitations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
puzzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Judgments - provincial limitations
    Posted: 21/May/2010 at 6:24am
Does anyone know where i can find the provinical limitations on judgments?  The initial judgment was taken out in 1996 in NB.  Where can i get a better understanding of how judgments work.  Also once there is a judgment in place is there a limit to the amount of interest that is to be charged?
Sponsored Links

SolveStudentDebt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/May/2010 at 6:51am

Depends on what the judgment is for. Is it a student loan?

Solve Student Debt specializes in solutions for students and graduates in student loan default, and those at risk of defaulting.

solvestudentdebt.com
puzzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/May/2010 at 8:28am
yes it is
beegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2010 at 10:12am
Hi I would like more information regarding this as well, related to Ontario if possible. I have pending legal action from A.R.C and more specifically a law firm Burns, Argiropoulos LLP. They have graciously given me 48 hours to replay or make arrangments with ARC.
puzzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2010 at 8:20am
Johnny, we've spoken quite a few years ago, i really need to discuss with you.  I think i've got myself into some serious trouble concerning my student loan.  Would like to acquire your services!!!  Please how do i contact you directly?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2010 at 9:18am

Call me at 866-239-7889. Julie might answer and if so leave a message with her and I will shout back at ya when I can.

Solve Student Debt specializes in solutions for students and graduates in student loan default, and those at risk of defaulting.

solvestudentdebt.com
puzzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2010 at 9:23am
tried calling, didn't receive an answer, recording was weird so i didn't leave a message.  When is a good time to call?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2010 at 11:49am
You have to leave a message so one of us can get back to you. If you want to schedule an appointment, call Julie tomorrowe at 902-876-3814. She will hook you up.

solvestudentdebt.com
puzzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2010 at 3:48am
Hi johnny, spoke to Julie gave her my information, did tell her we spoke here so it may narrow down your search for my info.  Hope there is something that you can do to help.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2010 at 6:27am
Hey. It was nice chatting with you today. Let me know what you want to do.

Johnny

solvestudentdebt.com
puzzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2010 at 7:53am
Hey johnny, great to talk to you once again!!  I am weighing my options right now.  just a small question, what happens to a judgment once the debt is settled?  i know it's looking long term, what happens if its paid before they "renew" it here in ontario?  I kick myself for not calling you sooner, i forgot how soothing it is to speak to you, makes you feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel! 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2010 at 8:52am
Hey Puz,

Yes, I did as much as I could for you on a pro bono basis for the 3 years. I wish I could still do pro bono but I just can't. There are so many people bringing other problems to the table that are outside of the initial probono scope of work I provide. In some cases, people become rather dishelved and abusive when I draw the line.  

The good thing in your case is that there is age behind the whole thing. Although the Justice Department is usually quite precise on securing the government's best interests before a limitation issue arises, you have room to "bargain", if you will. I would suggest looking at what I told you about earlier in respect of compromise. If you need help with demonstrations I can assist you if need be. That would cost you nothing more than a couple hours of my time. Or, I can get involved and help you as we discussed.

Let me know!

Johnny   

solvestudentdebt.com
puzzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2010 at 9:12am
definitely looking at all the angles, but there has been a slight development since we spoke but there is a condition attached that i am unsure of.  I would most definitely pay you a fee, if you could help settle the condition if possible.  maybe we should speak again?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2010 at 1:32pm
Call me and I will see what I can do. My attorney is around tomorrow as well.

solvestudentdebt.com
puzzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2010 at 2:46pm
Will do!!  Talk to you tomorrow!!!
puzzled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzzled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2010 at 5:06am
Hey Johnny, sorry for disappearing for a bit, i have finally had my paperwork returned and relinquished the other persons services. Situation hasn't changed any. I'm sorry for being so back and forth but at the time there was a settlement offered anyway long story short can i still hire you to help me deal with this? They are asking for payments do i send a few in for now until we can discuss?
 Post Reply Post Reply