This website is a testimony to the problems Canadian Student Loan borrowers experienced from approximately 1996 to 2008 and until their loans were paid off.

The privatization of the Student Loans system by the Chretien and Martin Liberal governments broke the system and defaulted thousands of borrowers who were trying to pay their loans. There were even stories of suicide due to the harassment of borrowers.

Read the report that I prepared back in 2007 here. Canada Student Loans-The Need for Change Fortunately the new Conservative government at the time revamped the program and fixed the system for new borrowers, but borrowers under the previous program were left with ruined credit and continued harassment from debt collectors.

I call on the Canadian Government to apologize to the borrowers affected by this fiasco and make amends.

Unfortunately the Liberal government is again clobbering the Education system with their upcoming changes to International Student Visas. Yes, there's a problem, but instead of a well thought out plan, they have pulled the emergency brake on the train causing a derailment. This has introduced unprecedented instability for both private and public education institutions who serve both international and local students.

Universities can't plan. I've heard of courses being cut because the government has no process in place for universities to send the newly required acceptance letters to the government.

This means that students who have been accepted can not attend courses that start in the summer 2024 semester. With cut sections, current Canadian students will have trouble getting courses, and may have to switch to part-time which changes their enrollment status and might trigger repayment of their loans or ineligibility for funding. I've seen this before. It wreaks havoc on the student loan borrowers.

Again, the Liberal government has messed up the education environment. Will the new system needed in a rush for the acceptance letters be the new Arrivecan scandal?

I call on the government to implement a slower phased in approach and delay the requirement of the acceptance letters until a process is in place to submit these letters.

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExtreme Hardship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 12:20pm
If the original poster can not buy groceries how is he/she staying alive?    Sounds like exaggeration to me.  No money but paid for courses herself.  Some parts of the story don't add up.  
Administrator
Mark OMeara
Author of Let Go and Heal: Recovery from Emotional Pain
https://LaughSingWrite.com - http://bit.ly/heal2024
Sponsored Links

SolveStudentDebt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 1:05pm
Royal, with all due respect, people are always looking for stuff for free. I am not saying she can't afford it. There are a lot of people who are angry at the system, desperate people, and of course some people who just want to screw the system and think everything should be free like they are entitled to it. There are people who know I have the ability to help and they corner me all time. I provide a service and your attitude and behavior towards my offering is somewhat odd. It is like you don't approve of me or my company. If this is the case, talk to Kim or Kerry or Jansen and join the crew of shameful people who are trying to destroy you and i LOL Intelligent people see through that racket and nonsense.
RCNCO - Question: Why don't you approach the superintendant of bankruptcy and ask them how they sleep at night charging a fee for a service and often lie to students and consumers? Debt poolers too. Why not approach the Non-Profits who proclaim themselves to be credit counsellors rather than the bank and financial community sponsored debt collectors for a commission they are, and tell them you want them to fix your problem? Maybe call a lawyer or two and tell them that you can't afford to pay $300 + per hour and that they represent a disservice to students and consumers because of that.
RNCO, In regards to you and bankruptcy, you chanted it in your opening post or posts. Go bankrupt then if you think it will solve your problem. Or do nothing and hope it goes away. Or seek help. If you don't like that advice then I don't know what else to tell ya. If you want to hang out with clients man, go here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-CFW-Group-Inc/122160921144125. I can hook you up with all kinds elsewhere over the past 12 years. There's thousands of them around! If you want to talk to the VERY small number of people who are dissatisfied with results or because I gave them the boot for screwing the system, giddy up.
RCNCO, I just offered you a sweet deal. You pay me a retainer for my hard and out-of pocket costs and if the result is financial benefit to you then you pay me the fee. If you can't afford to do it, like I said before - sorry I cannot help you.  

You also don't think about value in the financial benefit, which may very well be in the form of closure and removal from recovery. In this case the financial benefit is clear. Right.  If you disagree then, with all due respect, I don't wish to help you because then you are a risk to me.

I offered Badhairlady a sweet deal too. I offered to help her providing he or she demonstrates to me that social assistance is the only form of revenue, excluding maternity leave or worker's comp, etc. If this is the case then I will lay it all out for him or her and show the way. This pretty much wraps up her case and could potentially solve the problem. She wouldn't have to pay a dime. He ro she can get back to me here.

I think it is important for you and everyone else here to recognize that I help the people. So does Mark by providing this site. I am the guy who goes in the trenches with the evils of the financial and government community to makes things right - FOR YOU.   I do not work for the system. Treating me like I work for it is pretty bad man. The fees I charge are miniscule as well. That is soon going to change though because pro bono work has cost me a LOT over the years and I only do pro bonos in really urgent situations.

Mark this isn't a fight. This is a realization. That's all. It's time to show this community exactly what this audience consists of in respect of both positive and negative attitudes, behaviors, and intentions. There ar eposters here who have openly stated their positions as wanting nothing to do with demonstrating good faith and their willingness to frustrate rather than act in good ways.  

Whatever beef RoyalNCO is with me, not you. If he is angry or resentful towards me being here then he should write to you privately, don't you think? There are people out there who are attacking me and you all the time. Those are the ones who have no interest in doing what is right and continually look for ways to screw the system. Some of those people who attack us are pretty nasty who will go to any length to destroy someone - even it takes them down as well in the process.

You remember the Poly incident, right Mark? As soon as I put my foot down and said no more freebie stuff and going outside of what I initially agreed to do? What happened there? That individual became ENRAGED and went on an online vicious social media campaign to tarnish my reputation and business.  This is the kind of stuff that spoils every apple in the good barrel. To this day it is still going on. It is ridiculous.LOL

Ball is in your court RCNCO. Same for you BadHairday.  My offers of assistance in good faith are right there. Take them or leave them.

Mark, good work on the site. Your dedication is quite clear and this is your website. You do this on your own with no financial help from anyone. You inspired me to do pro bono work because of this - and I recognize that. I wish the hell others would as well.

Solve Student Debt specializes in solutions for students and graduates in student loan default, and those at risk of defaulting.

solvestudentdebt.com
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 1:13pm
"BTW< I bet you that the forum you mentioned is set up to attract customers to the law firm that runs it!"
Currently, your website is definately setup this way. 
Here's the difference.  On Canadavisa all information you need to manage your case yourself is FREELY available if you're willing to read the information that is on the site.  If you have questions, lots of informed people will answer your questions freely.  Some people however would prefer to pay for help, and in that case, they approach the lawyer.  In most cases however, you're best off managing your own case since you are most intimately aware of your own circumstances.

In any event, I've obviously hit a sore nerve by daring to object to this open and direct approach to Johnny's paid for services and constant reminder that he isn't willing to do it for free. So, I will gladly back off now.   It is, afterall, your website, administrator.

And no, the OP is NOT exaggerating.  There is always the same problem.  Pay for basic needs.  Sacrifice basic needs to further and complete education.  Pay for help to avoid debt, but then you're stuck since  how can you claim to be suffering from hardship if you can afford to pay for another course? 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 1:14pm
My interactive company Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-CFW-Group-Inc/122160921144125
Go see some clients there RC.
Solve Student Debt specializes in solutions for students and graduates in student loan default, and those at risk of defaulting.

solvestudentdebt.com
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 1:17pm
Are you going to take the offer or decline? LOL

solvestudentdebt.com
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 1:23pm
I want to reinforce a point.  I object to the lack of information.  Most student are educated people.  We should be able to access resources for FREE, read, learn, and apply them to resolve our own problems.  Obviously, the option should exist to hire a person to do that reading and application for us. 

Administrator, please help us by pointing us to the resources we need to solve our own problems. 

Johnny, this is the point you are completely missing.  I am NOT asking you to work for free.  I am begging for the resources I need to solve my own problems.  This informtion shouldn't be held somewhere hidden and locked away where the only way I can get access to it is by paying YOU!!!!!
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Johnny Johnny wrote:

My interactive company Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-CFW-Group-Inc/122160921144125
Go see some clients there RC.

Not a chance in hell am I willing to be visibile and identifiable online talking about my student loans!!!!
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 1:30pm
Johnny, why isn't that facebook profile open (at least read only)?  Why do I need to identify myself?
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by whid whid wrote:

Royal NCO - Throwing around insinuation against other members and questioning their validity is shameful. You point to one person - how selective when you consider the hundreds of others who have posted and received help. It is easy to slam other people but please make sure you have hard facts before you tar all of us with the same brush.
As for John at the CFW Group, an online forum is an updated yellow pages phonebook. Need help with a problem - call us here. How can you begrudge that? No one is forcing you to visit this site or contact him.
As for revealing names of persons, what gives you the right to invade my privacy or any of the other people on this site by demanding such information? Perhaps you should post with your real name, address and account numbers so we may verify who you are.

Thank you to John and Mark who have provided so much help to so many people over the years.  They don't deserve their motives to be questioned publicly as that hurts careers and reputations.  What you do, Mark and John, is appreciated by many who found hope and a new lease on life with your efforts.

Thank you for all that both of you do.

Whid,

Surprise, Surprise!!

In 2011, you were one of those newbie, single posters singing Johnny's praises.  What the heck is going on Administrator?????  This is exactly what I was objecting to earlier.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Royal-NCO Royal-NCO wrote:

I want to reinforce a point.  I object to the lack of information.  Most student are educated people.  We should be able to access resources for FREE, read, learn, and apply them to resolve our own problems.  Obviously, the option should exist to hire a person to do that reading and application for us.
Lack of information? The intelligence I have is something I worked hard to discover, and tools, worked hard to develop, and strategic plans, worked tirelessly to master. My craft is my craft. Why should I give it to you for free?

You have obviously spent a LOT of time and energy researching a possible solution and the dead ends you get frustrate you. 

Johnny, this is the point you are completely missing.  I am NOT asking you to work for free.  I am begging for the resources I need to solve my own problems.  This informtion shouldn't be held somewhere hidden and locked away where the only way I can get access to it is by paying YOU!!!!!

Read the above and see my point. Your car is broken and you need to find a transmission. I am a mechanic and have a transmission for you. You can buy the transmission and do it yourself if you have that knowledge and capability. Or, I will sell you the transmission and put it in your car for you. Orm you can go shop around and see if there is a shop or mechanic that will sell you a cheaper transmission and smaller labor cost, or by some fluke chance give you the transmission and put it in your car for free.

solvestudentdebt.com
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:02pm

[QUOTE=Royal-NCO]Whid,

Surprise, Surprise!!

In 2011, you were one of those newbie, single posters singing Johnny's praises.  What the heck is going on Administrator?????  This is exactly what I was objecting to earlier.

Royal, you are either paranoid or one of those skeptic troublemakers LOL Whid is a real person, and so is the other one you questioned. Lots of these people are on my Facebook page.

solvestudentdebt.com
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:05pm

[QUOTE=Royal-NCO]
Read the above and see my point. Your car is broken and you need to find a transmission. I am a mechanic and have a transmission for you. You can buy the transmission and do it yourself if you have that knowledge and capability. Or, I will sell you the transmission and put it in your car for you. Orm you can go shop around and see if there is a shop or mechanic that will sell you a cheaper transmission and smaller labor cost, or by some fluke chance give you the transmission and put it in your car for free.

One thing your missing.  There is tons and tons of good free informtation available about cars and the transmission and any other part in the car.  With out student loans, we are being denied this information and you're encouraging this, right?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:06pm

Johnny, why isn't that facebook profile open (at least read only)?  Why do I need to identify myself?

Man, I don't know what to tell you. You are an adult so do whatever you think is right. I am not going to change anything around just because you want it that way. Other people are VERY comfortable there and have nothing to worry about There are all kinds of student loan issue pages where people join openly.

I simply pointed you in that direction so you can get to know me and The CFW Group a little better here. You are a lot of work man.LOL

I tell you what. The next client that I provide solution for who wants to write a testimonial, I will tell them to contact you first to get your permission. Would that solve your crisis?  

solvestudentdebt.com
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:07pm

Royal, you are either paranoid or one of those skeptic troublemakers LOL Whid is a real person, and so is the other one you questioned. Lots of these people are on my Facebook page.

Paranoid?  Johnny, writing stuff on the internet in my own name about my student loan could easilly be argued to be acknowledgment. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:09pm

Paranoid?  Johnny, writing stuff on the internet in my own name about my student loan could easilly be argued to be acknowledgment.

Not it will not. Besides, you don't write your personal details for everyone to see. There are ways to communicate with me privately man.

solvestudentdebt.com
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:10pm

Man, I don't know what to tell you. You are an adult so do whatever you think is right. I am not going to change anything around just because you want it that way. Other people are VERY comfortable there and have nothing to worry about There are all kinds of student loan issue pages where people join openly.

I simply pointed you in that direction so you can get to know me and The CFW Group a little better here. You are a lot of work man.LOL

I tell you what. The next client that I provide solution for who wants to write a testimonial, I will tell them to contact you first to get your permission. Would that solve your crisis?  

Why do I need to identify myself?  I don't need to identify myself here.
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:11pm

Not it will not. Besides, you don't write your personal details for everyone to see. There are ways to communicate with me privately man.

On facebook?  Man, Johnny, educate yourself on this one.  Facebook is definately not known for its commitment to privacy of information.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:20pm

One thing your missing.  There is tons and tons of good free informtation available about cars and the transmission and any other part in the car.  With out student loans, we are being denied this information and you're encouraging this, right?

Cars and mechanics are metaphors. I am not denying you anything. I am simply refusing to give you what I have for free. Transmissions, cartons of milk, loaves of bread, student debt solution. You want it you have to pay for it. Do you disagree with this?

Or, should loaves of bread, cartons of milk, transmissions for your car all be readily available by anyone who spent time or money to build, make, produce, or buy themselves?

Do you not see how ridiculous your argument is? I mean look, my generous offer is still there to help you out but you are losing my trust that you even want to demonstrate any good faith in it. Seriously. If that is the case and you would rather dig a hole and go under ground then say so. That way I can go have some left-over cheesecake my mom brought over.

solvestudentdebt.com
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:21pm
Create a dummy account and name it Rumple Stillskin. Problem solved.

solvestudentdebt.com
Royal-NCO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royal-NCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2013 at 2:28pm
Johnny, I just spent two years wading through the Canadian immigration system in my effort bring my wife and her mother to Canada.  While I learned, I asked questions, but I also answered questions to help other people.  In that period of time, I developed considerable knowledge that I now provide freely to others by being a regular forum member.  I never paid a penny.  Instead, I pay back the help I was given by helping others on that forum.

This is what is missing here.  The open access to information.  The opportunity to take help and then turn around and offer it back to others.  There is no desire from other students having solved the problems to come back here and help others.  There is only one person, you, asking for money first.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>