This website is a testimony to the problems Canadian Student Loan borrowers experienced from approximately 1996 to 2008 and until their loans were paid off.

The privatization of the Student Loans system by the Chretien and Martin Liberal governments broke the system and defaulted thousands of borrowers who were trying to pay their loans. There were even stories of suicide due to the harassment of borrowers.

Read the report that I prepared back in 2007 here. Canada Student Loans-The Need for Change Fortunately the new Conservative government at the time revamped the program and fixed the system for new borrowers, but borrowers under the previous program were left with ruined credit and continued harassment from debt collectors.

I call on the Canadian Government to apologize to the borrowers affected by this fiasco and make amends.

Unfortunately the Liberal government is again clobbering the Education system with their upcoming changes to International Student Visas. Yes, there's a problem, but instead of a well thought out plan, they have pulled the emergency brake on the train causing a derailment. This has introduced unprecedented instability for both private and public education institutions who serve both international and local students.

Universities can't plan. I've heard of courses being cut because the government has no process in place for universities to send the newly required acceptance letters to the government.

This means that students who have been accepted can not attend courses that start in the summer 2024 semester. With cut sections, current Canadian students will have trouble getting courses, and may have to switch to part-time which changes their enrollment status and might trigger repayment of their loans or ineligibility for funding. I've seen this before. It wreaks havoc on the student loan borrowers.

Again, the Liberal government has messed up the education environment. Will the new system needed in a rush for the acceptance letters be the new Arrivecan scandal?

I call on the government to implement a slower phased in approach and delay the requirement of the acceptance letters until a process is in place to submit these letters.

New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - John Leblanc and CFW Group assisting me with CRA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJohn Leblanc and CFW Group assisting me with CRA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SolveStudentDebt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Leblanc and CFW Group assisting me with CRA
    Posted: 09/August/2013 at 6:08am
Yes, the new Cyber Safety Act is in place in Nova Scotia. It is in place to protect children and adults from cyber attacks, such as bullying, stalking, and character and reputation assassinations. There are two individuals I am interested in pursuing, who happen to be former clients with horrible intentions.   
Solve Student Debt specializes in solutions for students and graduates in student loan default, and those at risk of defaulting.

solvestudentdebt.com
Sponsored Links

philbain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philbain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2013 at 5:13pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2013 at 5:52am
The laws are shifting now because of these activities and their criminal nature. It is just a matter of time. Cyberbulling is a criminal act without question. Add that with the intention of destroying one's reputation and esteem. I have been harassed since around 2004 or so by one former client who was just so difficult to deal with. Dictatorial, refuse to follow any advice given, disputed everything the loan providers stated. She would not listen to anything I said and called the shots based on what she wanted us to do rather than what was agreed upon in the scope of work.  As of 2011 she started her online bullying nonsense and has gone as far as soliciting clients so she can turn them against The CFW Group.  There are people who have communicated with her who have told me that she  incessantly tries to convince them that we are bad and are criminals (namely me), and that she is the "poor victim".

Suing her is easy. Ther problem is who is going to police her activities after the fact? She is that type of person who will just go on and on an on. She will just become even more enraged like she does whenever I stand up to her.

Solve Student Debt specializes in solutions for students and graduates in student loan default, and those at risk of defaulting.

solvestudentdebt.com
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2013 at 2:32pm

This is the way these things are going, even if you think you are posting anonymously.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/digital-culture/swedish-girls-convicted-of-instagram-defamation/article12801263/

A whole website on the topic (Canadian)  
http://www.libelandprivacy.com/cyberlibel_home.html

Administrator
Mark OMeara
Author of Let Go and Heal: Recovery from Emotional Pain
https://LaughSingWrite.com - http://bit.ly/heal2024
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolveStudentDebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2013 at 8:02am
Remember, there are those out there who are willing to go as far as defamation and cyberbullying because of their anger or resentment towards another party. People who receive advice andage in vicious online are not happy with the advice generally do not go online and engage in slanderous and defamatory activity.  Unfortunately, there are some people like that. Also, some of those I have kicked out for engaging in activities that are frustrating to the system (and us as well) have done the exact same thing. The freaky thing is that many these individuals are gainfully employed and are benefitting from their education but yet they do not want to do what is right.  One of them is a member of this website whereas I did pro bono work for, and when I put my foot down to her for trying to force me to do all sorts of other work-related tasks unrelated to what I agreed to she went online and did the same thing. These people also invest a lot of time to keep the google search ranking for their online abuse high.
Two people in particular are known and will be addressed in the very near future. One of them in fact solicits clients of mine (using the internet) luring people to call and and then tries to convince them to turn away from us, file BBB complaints, and  interference with contractual relations. 

People generally see right through this sort of nonsense anyway. Anyone who invests a lot of their time and energy in creating and delivering online abuse certainly has issues. As mentioned, their intention is to destroy my reputation and character, and The CFW Group's as well. Sooner or later the law will catch up to them and from what I am told it is not that far off given the individual damages people sustain as a result of online bullying and cyberstalking.

So I and The CFW Group have 2 internet bullies and stalkers who are trying to destroy me and the business. I am not the only one out there. In fact it is widespread with all sorts of others in the service and business to consumer sector.  

It's being addressed in due time and process. Wink 

solvestudentdebt.com
philbain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philbain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2013 at 4:02pm
I encountered a situation a while back that prevented me from completing my studies and I couldn't find work to pay my living let alone my student loan bills. I turned to this site while I was falling to pieces and got educated by the postings. I had no other choice but to hide from CRA when they came after me for my loans because by the time I was able to get work, the payment they were demanding was more than one of my paycheques. CRA called me at work one day and at this point I couldn't hide from them. This is when I contemplated calling John at CFW Group.

I read all of the great reviews and stumbled across some pretty negative opinions via google but I had been following this forum enough to be able to identify that the negative experiences was the venting of an unhappy customer. This person had raised some good points in the concerns and it put me on my toes. If John had been anything like he was described in the negative review then I wouldn't be writing this. John and his team is excellent. Top notch.

I just had a baby and my wife was pregnant with vicious morning sickness. I was pulling in an income supporting us and CRA called me at work. I had to negociate but didn't want to be placed in hardship. I called John and he agreed to help me. He negotiated on my behalf so my family's needs were recognized allowing me to arrange a payment plan that was realistic and affordable. After the last tax increase and inflation adjustment I was looking at my budget to adjust and had to cut my food budget back because that is the only buffer left. As the birth of mt baby was coming I had no clue how I was going to manage payments and support my family. John you have helped me soo much.

There were times when John was helping me when I felt screwed because I read the negative comments and thought that they might be right but I my doubt was wrong and so were the negative comments. John told me what the costs would be up front and he told me exactly what I would be getting for services. We worked out a payment plan that I could afford and he commenced work before I was completed paying him. Anytime I called him, he answered and stayed on the phone with me until I was balanced again. Anytime I had a question, he answered. Anytime I had a problem, he solved it.

I used to read these thank you posts and now I'm writing one. Thanks John and your team and thanks Mark.

I recommend John for real.
 Post Reply Post Reply